Dental Filling in El Paso, Texas
It is important that patients in the El Paso, TX, area regularly see a dentist because not all decay and issues requiring dental fillings cause symptoms or pain.
Office Hours Mon:8am-5pm Tue:8am-5pm Wed:8am-5pm Thu:8am-5pm Fri:8am-5pm Sat:Closed Sun:Closed
What Are Dental Fillings?
Type of Dental Fillings
- Tooth-Colored Fillings: Many people prefer these fillings made of plastic silicon-dioxide material because they blend in perfectly with their natural teeth.
- Silver Fillings (Amalgams): These fillings are often the most economical and strongest and last the longest, although they do not match the natural color of teeth.
- Cast Gold Fillings: These fillings are as strong as silver fillings and last the same length of time but are markedly more expensive. Some people prefer gold fillings to silver fillings for aesthetic reasons.
- Ceramic Fillings: These fillings are made from porcelain and can last up to fifteen years. They are more durable and resistant to staining but are markedly more expensive than tooth-colored composites.
- Glass Ionomer Fillings: These fillings are often used to fill in spaces below the gum line and release fluoride to prevent further tooth decay. Young children most often get these glass ionomer fillings. These fillings tend to be more expensive and last up to five years.
What Is the Procedure for Dental Fillings?
Before the procedure takes place, your dentist or oral surgeon will use a local anesthetic to numb the area. Next, your dentist will remove the tooth decay using an air abrasion instrument, drill, or laser. Once all the decay is removed, the area will be thoroughly cleaned, getting rid of all bacteria. Your dentist can then safely fit your dental filling in the proper space. If the damage is near the root, your dentist may apply material to line and further protect the area from nerve decay. Finally, your dentist will polish the teeth that have been worked on to create sheen.
Dentist Proudly Serving Military Families
We appreciate all the military personnel, ex-military, and their loved ones. We have several staff who have loved ones who are serving/had served in the military. We strive to provide high quality dental service at an affordable price as a thanks to your service and sacrifice.
Complimentary Insurance Filing
We can file your insurance claims for you as a courtesy. Our experienced billing staff can save you a lot of time by helping you deal with the insurance companies so that way you know you are getting the maximum benefit and that you are filing everything correctly.